New York or San Francisco (full-time)
FinTech Startups, Start Here.
Founded in 2011, the Empire Startups FinTech ecosystem brings together the best startup founders, innovators, and investors under one roof. Our community nurtures innovation through knowledge-sharing and fostering early relationships between investors and entrepreneurs. With over 13,000 members and 140 events and counting, FinTech startups, start here.
Empire Startups is hiring an entrepreneurial and driven hustler to lead growth, community engagement, and events. The successful individual will be tasked with nurturing the explosive growth of the FinTech community of entrepreneurs, investors, and stakeholders in financial technology.
As Event Director, you will act as a vital hub of information for all that is Silicon Valley and Alley FinTech. You will define, build, administer, and measure the growth of the community via social media and Meetup events.
This role is a unique opportunity to work arm in arm with FinTech entrepreneurs and the stakeholders driving transformation and disruption in financial services. Your support to these entrepreneurs can directly impact and improve the access to financing and efficiency of financial services throughout emerging economies.
You will be a jack of all trades – the Mayor of FinTech – with the goal of doing whatever it takes to help build Empire Startups’ capabilities in engaging with its community. In addition, you will help advance Empire Startups’ media presence and positioning as a thought-leader in financial technology.
Working under the supervision of the Managing Partner and in close collaboration with all of our amazing partners, you will have significant responsibility and a high degree of autonomy.
- Event Management
- Identify and source top speakers
- Act as co-organizer of the local 5000+ member FinTech Meetup
- Support on the design of event collateral including agendas, business development collateral, and websites
- Manage event websites and email inquiries
- Growth Marketing
- Expand social communities – pursuing automation wherever possible
- Manage email campaigns
- Identify and manage various advertising channels
- Business Development
- Pursue new and support existing event sponsors and partners
- Develop both media and strategic partnerships that support Empire Startups’ communications efforts
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in growth hacking, community development or engagement roles with entrepreneurs
- Active member of the startup or fintech community
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to get things done
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and unpredictable environments
- Exposure to various web tools to achieve scale, such as: